Headlamps for 2001 Dakota?

Try to do a lady a favor and everybody attacks like a bunch of Jackals.

Thinking about it, you are sorta inferring that Jodi is older than Denny and myself.. That will make her real happy.

You too can probably kiss the CCC's good-bye!

Reply to
Roy

Suddenly, without warning, Roy exclaimed (12/1/2009 11:01 AM):

I'm thinkin' so, yes.

Makes holiday baking a mite easier :)

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, jmc exclaimed (11/30/2009 9:48 PM):

Had a look. They seem fine. It's possible it's the wiring, since the British laws required certain lights to be certain colors, which required creative rewiring. Stupid British mechanic didn't bother to do a good job putting them back the way they should be - knew I was leaving the country. I had to get some wiring on my taillights replaced, it's possible that's the problem here too.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

m...

No, I had the T&C on the trip east. I bought an old '95 Caravan that was traded in and needed some work a couple of years ago. The white paint on the roof gets touched up yearly with a can of Rustoleum but it's a sound van other than that. I drive the van alot in the winter so I don't have to keep dropping the blade off the truck. It doesn't hurt any that it averages about 21 mpg either.

Hey Jodi. When you're making that bread, add some cimmimon, raisons and some icing and ups it over to me. It'd make a heckofa Christmas present!!!

Denny

Reply to
Denny

It's also possible that it's a bad earth (ground) issue as well, as a couple of ohms across an earth connection makes a huge difference to a bulb that draws a higher current, and your headlamp bulbs will draw roughly 4.6amps each, whereas a sidelamp marker bulb will probably only draw around 0.4amp. On Landrover Defenders, the single biggest improvement that can be made to the headlamps is a new power feed and relays, there is so much volt drop through the original wiring harness! Check with a voltmeter, with the engine running, that you are actually getting full battery voltage to the bulbs - a drop of just a volt makes a huge difference here.

For what it's worth, not all British mechanics are stupid or don't bother - some of us take a pride in our workmanship. Anyway, it wouldn't be an issue if you lot didn't try to make a brake light or side marker light work as an indicator at the same time, lol. On my Ram 2500, whoever imported it re-wired the rear lamp clusters so that I have orange bulbs fitted to what would have been the reversing lights, to act as indicators (which they do very well), but they stuck a single white light under the bumper for a reversing light (and a red to the offside as a rear fog lamp - mandatory in the UK) but the reversing light is useless! I now have twin 55watt floods on the roll bar pointing rearwards! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

G'morning, Jodi. Badger makes a good point with the voltage issue. Daniel Stern has been around for awhile and explains it at

fairly well. He also sells kits to improve the lighting system. Might be a solve for your dim headlights.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

But, but, but... I'm calling Jody the youngster! After all, none of the rest of us qualify...

Reply to
PeterD

ohhh, if the splices were not done properly, they could well be dim!

Reply to
PeterD

No way!! Your under the bus!!

No cookies for you!

Reply to
Roy

Jodi ya gotta tell the whole story at the start.

The splice job opens a whole new can of worms. Badger may have hit on the problem as things like that will get worse as time goes by. Sorta like your eye's!

Figure I was screwed on the CCC's anyway.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Figure I was screwed on the CCC's anyway.

Well old friend, the hole you're digging just got a bit deeper. Too bad that shepard dog isn't a St Bernard. You're gonna need a life saver...

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Suddenly, without warning, Badger exclaimed (12/2/2009 4:08 AM):

Badger - sorry, I meant in no way to imply ALL British mechanics were bad! Just that one, one of a couple in the area that took advantage of the Americans posted in that location. He was better than some, but I didn't realize how badly he'd messed up my wiring until later.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Badger exclaimed (12/2/2009 4:08 AM):

yea, they rewired my reversing lights too, and left me with no lights at all when I backed up!

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Roy exclaimed (12/2/2009 9:09 AM):

Had forgotten about the wiring, we left England around 2006... I'll have my mechanic check the wiring, truck needs an oil change anyway.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, jmc exclaimed (12/2/2009 8:52 PM):

Guess my eyes really are going bad - completely missed the quip about my eyes!

Now, where'd I put those glasses...

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Right next to the cookie ingrediants????

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Right next to the cookie ingrediants????

Denny

Pal, I think we are really screwed on the cookies. She's being real mean. Definitely not in the holiday spirit

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Pal, I think we are really screwed on the cookies. She's being real mean. Definitely not in the holiday spirit

WTF is this "we" shit?? Don't drag me into your screw up. I know better than to call the old girl "old" even if she can't see worth a shit. You're in this by yourself there my friend....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Pal, I think we are really screwed on the cookies. She's being real mean. Definitely not in the holiday spirit

WTF is this "we" shit?? Don't drag me into your screw up. I know better than to call the old girl "old" even if she can't see worth a shit. You're in this by yourself there my friend....

Denny

WOW!! How quickly they turn on ya!

You remembered the rule didn't ya.

Time to get out the shovel.

You called Jodi "old" then refered to her as "the old girl". That much is pretty clear.

Now, I on the other hand, merely pointed out that due to getting older(not looking older) that her eyes may be failing her and a need for a eye exam might be in order as a safty issue.

How's that? You my chubby buddy, are in the hole all by yourself with no CCC's

Reply to
Roy

.
:

Spin all ya want there Porky but you're still in the hole. I was just digging a smaller hole next to ya just so you'd have someone to cry to..

I notice the ole girl kinda backed out of this thread......

Denny

Reply to
Denny