Saab 9000 headlamps

With the new MOT, I worry that the reflectors on the headlamps may go dull. Replacement headlamps are difficult to source, especcially for RHD
cars. I wonder where is the difference between RHD and LHD headlamps? If the difference is only on the glass, then I could move the RHD glasses over to some LHD headlamps; these would be easier to source from abroad?
On Sun, 03 Jun 2018 13:05:28 +0100, johannes wrote:

Why not just get them re-silvered? Or are they sealed beam?
On 03/06/2018 14:26, Cursitor Doom wrote:

No not sealed, they are delightful old fashined; it all comes apart. Getting re-silvered would be a nice idea if possible, just a problem driving without headlamps for a while; it's too obvious, even in daytime.

The later Rover SD1 has problems with silvering on the reflector. The glass is actually glass so unless smashed lasts OK. The snag being the reflector is plastic, and having that re-plated seems impossible for a small run.
--
*Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

On 03/06/2018 13:05, johannes wrote:

I would imagine the reflectors will be shaped for RHD lights.
On 04/06/2018 16:38, Chris Bartram wrote:

Sometimes the change in dip pattern is created by rotation of the bulb.
On 04/06/2018 17:37, Fredxx wrote:

Presumably then, the bulb holder would be different for RHD?

If the glass is acting as a Fresnel lens it will be ribbed, etc. But even then can be a combination of reflector and glass. The 'projector' type are less likely to be handed as such as the beam pattern is set by a french flag. But may of course not be easy to get at.
--
*Broken pencils are pointless.*