How much weight will a srt 10 haul

Hi

What difference is there between a quad cab 1500 5.7 hemi

and the same truck with the V10 in it.

Will the srt only cope with a lighter load ?.

Thanks

Reply to
yar

A year or so ago I looked into buying a srt or a lightning. the deal at the timewas you couldn't put more than 500lbs in the bed and you couldn't tow anything. So I went for the lightning, a real fun truck. This may have changed with the newer srt's.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Payload on the SVT has typically been less than the SRT. Neither have much capacity. These trucks are made for speed, not hauling. Here's some specs on the '04's:

This compared to the '06 1500:
Drager

Reply to
Drager

Take a look a Dodge's page:
and go to the SRT10. They say the payload is 900lbs. in the rc and the qc but towing capacity in the rc is n/a and 7500pounds in the qc. Go figure.

roy

Reply to
Roy

This came off drivesrt.com

Do you want fast? Or do you want Viper fast? Ram SRT10 Quad Cab® is the four-door counterpart to the world's fastest production pickup with a top speed of over 150 mph. The secret? Five hundred cubic inches of Viper V10 power. Delivering a staggering 500 horsepower and 525 lb-ft of torque, this race-bred powerhouse not only hauls through the quarter mile, it also hauls up to 8,150 pounds in tow.

Reply to
Mike Houston

Thanks for that

Reply to
ray

Only 525 lb-ft of torque? My little ol 6 banger has a little over 600 ;-)

Reply to
GeekBoy

My 6 cylinder Ranger splash hauled a 2 ton boat over several big hills and launched/recovered it on a regular basis.......course I had to drop out of

5th gear to get over the hills

Reply to
Gunner