Is English becoming a second language in America?

Just like my comments in the reply where I mention .357 with out anything else were to some one else! You were not involved in the entire thread until you attacked me, in a "comment to some one else" Sorry forgot you were all about double standards and the do as I say not as I do rule!

Reply to
azwiley1

Yeah...I know. Was jsut giving you a hard time is all.

(you like that "jsut" up there?)

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?"

You're talking to an old Pink Floyd fan. Early stuff. Like Meddle.

Please, for my own peace of mind, where is the "easy meat" line in Pink Floyd?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

You really need to get your meds refilled. Give it a rest.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I'll trade you for the information. I'll tell you album, song and year it was released if you answer the question of why you continued your attack on azwily1 in the "guns on campus" thread after it was pointed out to you that your assumption (and the resulting, inappropriate behavior, which you rightfully decry in this thread) was just that, an assumption.

Reply to
Ed H.

I'll make you a deal. Any time I have to explain my actions to you, you can shoot me.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

This is not the eloquent reply I excepted from you, Professor Steve. However, I'm pleasantly surprised you didn't call me names that I won't allow in my house. I guess maybe you too, can learn.

Reply to
Ed H.

Dogs

Reply to
samstone

That doesn't make sense. "excepted"?

As to foul language, you have me confused with azwiley on that count.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Clueless short dicked eggheads..." "homoerotic" "rump rangers"

But more than that, it's your general, smug attitude that would cause me to escort you to the door if you said those things in my house.

Typo, you have them too. It's kind of like another post in which the letters within the words were all jumbled, my eyes went right over it. Besides, I doubt you're confused, you're just using it as an excuse to act superior.

Reply to
Ed H.

Mike, the education system works in most areas. Thing is, it can't be blamed for lazy students with no drive to learn. Can't open up their heads and pour it in. Students are lazy these days because they know the government will take care of them because they are stupid.

Reply to
Tim McBride A.K.A "Numan"

Exactly! Just like Hillary. She has more accents than anyone I've ever seen in my life.

Reply to
Tim McBride A.K.A "Numan"

Hillary reminds me of Woody Allen in "Zelig". He's a chameleon who changes instantly to fit in with whatever situation he finds himself. And Hillary does, too.

Years ago, Pat Paulson would run for president, but only as a farce. In every town he was hosted at, he would say something like, "You know, (this town) is the most beautiful place in the United States, somewhere I'd like to move to some day." (or something close to that) And he said that word for word in every town that would throw a party or parade for him. It was his swipe at politicians being chameleons.

I would describe Hillary as a chameleon, but I like those little lizards more than to do that. Besides, chameleons don't have thighs that out of proportion.

WOW!

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Yo bro, du take dat nappy haded ho to da crib n pound me sum puddin biyatch!

Reply to
Scott Hendryx

You have a valid point!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

But, we are using a medium that doesn't allow for translation of dialect, body language, local colloquialisms, etc. Therefore your posts need to be checked for completeness and accuracy if you want your thoughts to be interpreted correctly. Typos arent an issue but wrong use of words can completely change the context of a sentence. "loose" and "lose" are by far the biggest example I have ever seen of this and do change context when transposed. Would you rather the enemy "loose" his missiles or "lose" his missiles?

Reply to
RM v2.0

Totally, true. My point is that the credibility of these twenty-something morons who don't have a clue that they are using lose/loose (and others) incorrectly is suspect. If they have such disregard for basic spelling, they generally aren't too specific about other things either. Like facts.

And then if that doesn't work, they run their potty mouths and end every other word in "tard", whatever that means.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Tard? That means yore plum wore out!