Trailer Brake for 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 CC

Got this for Christmas, its a TAP Brake-Force #37225. My truck is equiped with the towing package. I think that there is a plug already under the dash for a brake controller, but haven't had a chance to crawl under there to check. Has anybody installed one in the new trucks yet?

Reply to
Sigwings

KENG

Yes. I installed a brake controller on my 04 with the factory tow package. The tow package includes the wire harness for the controller (I hope the dealer gave that to you) I has the instructions for install with it. It hooks into a plug located in the box under the dash, just to the left of the brake pedal. Again this will all be in the instructions.Your controller wire hooks into this harness. Sometimes the controller wire color will not match the harness wire color. You must read the controllers instructions as to wire colors. Wire the controller to the harness first than plug the harness into its plug. Mine worked fine. Others claim to have to install a fuse but my truck came with the fuse already in place.

Reply to
calhoun