More Dodge/Cummins

Thanks for all the replies to my previous message.

I've been considering a 3/4 ton pu. Dodge w/Cummins being the #1 choice right now.

Local dealer doesn't seem to have any 2006 four door quad cab Laramie (my desired choice) 2500 2wd Cummins left. But, he does have two Laramie Cummins quad cab 3500s in colors I could live with. Both are priced right at 34.5K. I'm looking for something to tow a 25' to 30' Airstream trailer. Tow weight on the AS is in the 8 to 10K range. Would I be making a mistake to upgrade to a 3500 just because the dealer seems to have a couple left that are a good deal? I drove the

3500 and it still drives better than the competitions 250 and 2500s.

Does 34.5K seem like a pretty decent deal on a 2006 four door quad cab

3500 Laramie Cummins?

Any knocks on the 2006 model year?

Somewhere I had the impression Dodge was switching over to a larger Cummins dsl, maybe a 6.7L, around the first of the year. Around here the word seem to be the switch will be some undetermined time in the future. What the scoop on the 6.7L?

Thanks for any input. Springing for a 30K plus US pickup is something I never thought I'd be contemplating, but you have to let your prejudices go sometimes.

bb

Reply to
bb

It never hurts to have more GVWR... if the price is right, don't give it a second thought.

Coming to a dealership near you in January. Most people (at this point, anyway) consider the 5.9L a more desirable engine, as it's got less emissions-related "stuff" on it. Power isn't a concern... 25HP/40ft.lbs. can easily be made up for.... though the option of a HD 6-speed automatic would make me at least consider waiting, but expect to pay at least an $8K for a comparable '07 model (3500 Laramie package)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Go for it, I would not go back to SRW JMTCW

Reply to
Joseph Myers

I'm fairly certain the 3500's he was looking at were SRW's, as well.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

In some states a 1 ton truck is considered a commercial vehicle. License and insurance cost more. Something to consider.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Correct, SRW.

bb

Reply to
bb

I hadn't even considered that possibility. I'm in Florida. Guess I'll have to check that out.

bb

Reply to
bb

Just got a 06 Quad 1 ton, SRW, long bed, SLT. I went through a fleet dealer and he found what I wanted and saved me, in my case, $3000. You might be able to do the same. Costco and AAA have leads to a dodge fleet dealer, check them out.

Reply to
yahoo