My 2003 truck is rusting

I've never seen this stuff, just happened to have the site bookmarked.

Reply to
Sparkle
18,000 cdn is $14,857 us

Reply to
Dale Yonz

As of Monday, I'm still waiting to hear from Dodge City in Saskatoon, as to what the dodge rep will do. I did not threaten, or cursed anyone out. Just told them we got a problem and it's not my fault.

The wife has a 2001 Envoy, bought from North Battleford (where I live close by) GM dealer. They have been very good and have had good service.

I have had good service from my local dodge dealer, one mechanic is a friend. Anyhow, couldn't make a deal from the salesman back in 2003, and went to Saskatoon and got a better deal.

I have had good service done there too.

I still would take my truck there, both dodge dealers.

Nothing built today is 100%. Everyone has had problems of some sort with their brands. dale

Reply to
Dale Yonz

Yeah:)) and I own Jd equipment, combine, 3 tractors, weed wacker, Jd battery chargers, cordless drills, flashlites, swather, use Jd oil, filters, batteries, my dog has a john deere leash, etc. etc.

and if anyone scratches my Jd 4440 tractor Iwill kick them in the nuts:))))

Reply to
Dale Yonz

Steve, I have never seen factory installed flaps. All the dodge trucks sitting in lots have: no mud flaps on them or rubber mud flaps with the dealers name printed on apiece of stainless steel attached to the flap.

These flaps, each have 4 hex head screws holding them on. Quess what, they had to drill holes on the truck wheel well lip to put them on.

Today I seen a customers Ford f350, have chrome wheel well mouldings. Just like the ones I had on, but instead of screwing them on, they had some sort of a clip holding them in place.

Steve, I would like to know more about these mud flaps you have, them don't get screwed on.

What''s a ctd, cummins turbo diesel????

dale

Reply to
Dale Yonz

Tbone, you have said that very well. Damn, should hire you as my lawyer and take dodge city to small claims court. :))))

Reply to
Dale Yonz

Craig, you better of had a dozen roses with you when you said that to your wife:)))

Reply to
Dale Yonz

Listen Tom: I talked about chipping the truck, the same dealer said not to do it and there be no warranty if something goes wrong. I had no problem with that.

But when I bought wheel well trims, from them along with running boards, floor mats, bug screens, truck box mat, mud flaps, tailgate cap, door sills trim, door edge guards and a locking gas cap.

THEY NEVER TOLD ME: Look Dale, yeah we will install these for you if you like, but you know those wheel well trims could give you problems later if you don't take them off every once in awhile and clean them so salt doesn't eat the paint away or If we drill holes on your truck, the paint will be damaged and will cause blah, blah blah

Do you understand Tom what I'm getting at??? They, the dealer, never told me these were not a Dodge product and that Dodge would not warranty them if anything went wrong.

I would like to know why dealerships sell these things and why Dodge lets them.(the wheel well trims that are not mopar) Dale

Reply to
Dale Yonz

Mike, are you referring to me to go and buy that ford and go and annoy some other news group? dale

Reply to
Dale Yonz

The screws weren't stainless steel, they had philips heads and were all rusted

As far as cheap dodge caps and toys, they sure as hell ain't cheap, maybe made cheap, but not cheap in price :)))

Reply to
Dale Yonz

That looks like a good way to protect the paint.

Reply to
Dale Yonz

No! T-Bone... he keeps saying he's gonna buy a Ferd.... I'm just encouranging him to do so..... I would _hate_ to see you buy a Ferd :^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

I absolutely do, and you absolutely have a legitimate complaint. My only point here is, your remedy lies with this dealership. You shouldn't expect, nor will you get, any assistance from DC Corporate, since your problem was caused by the installation of non-factory-approved parts. I'm not saying it's right - I'm just saying that's how it is.

Because they can make a quick buck.

Again - you're under the misconception that the dealership is run by DC. They are not. They are an independent business entity that is in a contractual relationship with DC to sell and service their products. Any activities that they engage in, or any products they sell, not covered by that contract are their responsibility, and theirs alone.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Yes and no. Not all that noticeable on the rocker but looks like crap any place imo. Just put on some good wax and get a bottle of touch up paint. Hell, it is a truck. Next those clear plastic seat covers will be back.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Because like I said Mike, an independant shop does not have the DC name on the sign outside and is not normally authorized to make warranty repairs nor does it have the ability to sell new DC vehicles.

Well good for you but what does this have to do with anything? I already said that DC was not financially obligated to correct non authorized dealer fuckups but they are or at least should be morally obligated to help the customer when one of their representatives screws up. Even if they don't pay for it themselfs, they should put pressure on the dealership that caused the problem to take care of it or at least make it look that way to the customer.

IOW, they will not be held financially responsible and I already said that but the point is that they are still responsible for their own reputation and that comes from their dealer network. If they choose not to do so, then they should expect to lose customers. Perhaps that is why they could never get past #3, if they are still even that high.

Once again, this is a financial liability they are protecting themselves from and not the point of the argument.

LOL, I am still waiting for you to make a point about what I said or are you confused? I said that a dealership is different than an independent because the dealership is connected to the manufacturer and the level of expectation of the customer will be higher at a dealership. This is the case whether you like it or not.

Even if I do buy a Ford (a much better looking truck), I will not leave. You would all miss me far to much :-)

Reply to
TBone

Will they be heated?

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

Yup, if they are on Mike's seats. Bob

Reply to
Roy

No, gonna keep the dodge. dale

Reply to
Dale Yonz

Thanks everyone for your replys. I learnt a good lesson, kinga like buyer beware of what you do to your truck. Next time I will ask if its ok and get it in writing, before I add something Dale

Reply to
Dale Yonz

Right, I remember those clear seat covers. Dad had a 63 galaxie 500.

Didn't need seat belts, in hot weather your ass was stuck on and you were not going to go anywhere. Winter time, Doctors were happy. Everyone was getting hemorrhoids,freeze your ass on that plastic :)))

Reply to
Dale Yonz