Nerf Bars

I am thinking about installing nerf bars on my 05 3500 4 X 4. Evidently the vertical body mount bolts must be removed in order to bolt them on. There is no way to get to the nut if it exists; am I correct in assuming that this nut is fused to the body above?

Does anyone have experience installing these things?

Reply to
PJ

I don't know if the nut is accessable or not, as I didn't need to access anything but the bolt. I put on Westin's Platinum Series, Chrome over Stainless, last year. Easy install and looks great on my '03 2500 QC HO 4WD LB. IIRC, about $350 or so.

Reply to
FMB

You are correct.

Three sets worth... never had a problem. The last set, on my '03, took perhaps 15 minutes for the whole job.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Thanks guys. I appreciate the response. The Westin Platinum is what I am looking at. Looks like a simple install -- I am just cautious with my new baby.

PJ

Reply to
PJ