Call all Nerf Bar owners, need some help?

I have a set of nerf bars installed on my 2003 Jeep X. They bother the hell out of me because they squeak, everytime I come to a stop/hit the brakes. The reason they squeak, is because the body mounts that are on the Jeep come with a rubber bushing. The large bolt is removed, and then an L shaped brace is attached to the body mount. Then, the nerf bars are attached to the L shaped brace. When you step on the nerf bar, they squeak, because the rubber bushing is rubbing. I tried some wd-40 and to no avail.

My question is, is this how all nerf bars are installed. Well, all nerf bars that do not require any drilling. I can't remove the rubber bushing, because it needs to be there.

Any help would be appreciated, or anyone with a different type of bar that has had success. The name of the nerf bars are "Back Country"

Thanks, Ron

Reply to
Ron

Ron did pass the time by typing:

Your problem is using WD-40 which is a Water Displacer and not a lubricant. Try some silicon spray lube or powdered graphite, either one should work.

The other solution involves turning up the radio. :)

Reply to
DougW

Technically Doug, WD-40 is a solvent that also happens to be a very good water displacer. You're right that it's not classified as a lubricant... and whatever lubricant properties it has are poor and short-lived since it evaporates within a few days. :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Except the sticky film it leaves behind does not evaporate. It just stays there and attracts dirt.

If you want the creme de la creme of electrical contact cleaners, get DeOxit, from the Caig company.

Regards,

DAve

Reply to
DaveW