Spyware Again

Figure it out yourself.

Reply to
MoParMaN

MoParMaN wrote: yet another Norton promotional post...

Figure out what?

Reply to
Colibri

I can't figure out your motive for posting this link. The article is at the Symantec website and the title of the article is "Do Symantec antivirus products detect Jokes, Adware, or Spyware?" The simple answer is no, and while their products CAN detect SOME of these threats, the antivirus software is designed to ONLY protect against (hopefully) all forms of computer virus's. While Symantec's current AV software can protect against "some" of these other problems, that is not what it is designed, or intended, to do.

I would never expect an antivirus program to protect my PC from "Jokes, Adware, or Spyware". These items are in an entirely seperate setup compared to virus' (virii?), trojans, et al. This is the domain of the various antispyware programs that are growing in popularity. And these are where you should look for protection against those "Jokes, Adware, or Spyware" threats.

The automotive comparison would be to expect that if you keep a good coat of wax on the painted surfaces of the vehicle, that this would somehow be expected to protect the internal surfaces of the engine. You cannot expect an automotive or computer product that is designed to offer protection at some level in one area, to excel in more than one area of protection. (With the possible exception of never connecting to the internet, backed up by never loading a program from a disk.)

Bob '92 Dodge W250 w/CTD.

theotherBob

What in the hell he is talking about.

Reply to
TBone

He must be tired.

Reply to
High Sierra

If spyware was classified as a Virus, then yes, NAV should catch it. but until then, its simply a nuisance you have to resolve some other way.

Reply to
Trey