Of all things, I missed my truck the most...

What does that say about me, I wonder?
Went on a business trip back in the States, and had a really great time. However, I had to drive an automatic-trans Chevy Cavalier (yick!) for
those two weeks.
With my butt practically on the pavement, and practically looking under the vehicles around me, and no umph when I hit the gas, I really, really missed the ol' Dak. I also found it harder to get in and out of the car, something that sort of suprises me.
Last time I drove a car for that long, would have been in 1991, when we drove a rental from Seattle, WA to VA. Last time I *owned* a car, my first and last, was a 1976 Chevy Chevette (bright yellow) that I owned in 1987/88.
So, does that make me a redneck woman, in that I'll probably never, ever own another car? :)
jmc
jmc wrote:

You were born and raised in the US, but you are acclimated to the "land of little cars" (England). You are comfortable driving a vehicle taller than all them little cars over there. You came back and rented a 2-door speck. It's not only much smaller than your 4X4 Dakota, but you are now surrounded by full size trucks and SUVs that are not common across the pond.

Yes. Thank God for redneck women.
Wanting to own and owning a truck does not make you a redneck. It makes you practical. IMHO, a crew cab Ram is the ultimate vehicle. Takes cargo, passengers, tows a load and looks good too.
Now, a Ram with a roll bar, KC lights, glass packs and a 10 inch lift does make you a redneck ...
Gimme'a, gimme'a, gimme'a redneck girl ...
Craig C.
Suddenly, without warning, snipped-for-privacy@metronet.com exclaimed (4/29/2005 3:39 PM):

waaal, a Ram's a bit big for me (yea, I know, wimp!), the Dak's about the right size. The ol' Mighty Max (what a stupid name for a truck!) was seeming a mite small.
No rollbar or lights, but I do have a spray lining, metal bed box, and side steps. And I bought it with the tow package and heavy-duty alternator, etc. I guess I'm more practical than redneck :) Woulda bought a bullbar if I was sure they were legal here. Turns out they are, actually.
On the other hand, it does have a certain eu de horse (as, I've just noticed, my computer room does too), though I only ride once a week (too expensive here to own my own, so I take lessons, even if I prefer Western). And at the moment, I could probably grow daisys in the dirt that's in there... but it's clean(ish) on the outside!
When we move out West, it'll probably sport a gun rack in the back window as well...
jmc
Craig,
this is Donny from Farmers Branch. Email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.