OT, Audi Vs Tree

I can see the add now.. "Audi for sale, Low miles, small dent in bumper, half off... Both front and rear halves available"

Trey

Where did ya find those pic's?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I honestly have no idea where they originally came from, I got them on one of those FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW: type emails from a friend of mine. THere was no information with the pix. about 20 minutes on google finds a little information on the pix... a lot of mention of 90KPH. (54MPH?? ) Its amazing just how strong trees are.

Reply to
Trey

hmm.. no side impact air bags, for sure...

looks like 2 people took their last ride..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

More info on this site:

Tom R

54 mph and the car was ripped in half?
Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Doesnt make sence to me ether. Thats the only speed number I have found on this. Im thinking that number came from the picture of the dash, the speedo still says 90.

Reply to
Trey

when i was on the FD i worked a lot of accidents involving guard rails, bridge pillars, trees, ect. on the interstate. never did i see a car torn like that one was. im guessing 54 is a low est. 90 sounds a little more like it.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

In one of the pix, it shows the speedo frozen at 90... so its just a question of English, or Metric??

Reply to
Trey

Since it happened in Portugal it is probably in km's.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

i didnt notice the speedo in the pic. i knew there was one of the dash but didnt look close enough to see if you could read it.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

I does look like KM but if you think about it I'm sure the speedo dropped as they were sliding sideways. No way thay happened at that low of a speed.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works