Rain Repel - For Extreme Weather

I put it on when the glass is above 60 degrees. Walk away from it for at least a couple of hours and then wipe it off using micro fiber towel. I got about twenty towels for about ten bucks last summer at Meijers. I have no glare or haze anymore. I used to use an old bath towel but I had to use alot of arm to get it all off so it wouldn't haze. Those micro fiber towels are worth it.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Same as anywhere else. I just leave early enough to not have to rush.

It's called "the fear factor", but what it really is could be called the "I'd rather you plow into him than me factor".

The best lesson I ever learned about driving was a story about two drivers that approached each other on a single lane bridge. They sat there for a few minutes, then one stuck his head out of the car and yelled, " I'll never back up for a roadhogging idiot!"

A few seconds went by and the second driver yelled, "I always will." and promptly backed off the bridge.

No one has ever caused an accident by driving defensively, that I know of, instead of aggressively. Besides, it lowers blood pressure, reduces stress and prevents road rage.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Budd Cochran wrote in article ...

I was referring to that period of time when you are pulling up alongside the truck - in the ADJACENT LANE!!!!!! - on the divided Interstate highway.....

......It CAN be a blinding experience.....

I am astounded at how often things have to be spelled out for some people........

I said I pulled "....out into the rooster tail...."......

.......which most people of average intelligence would translate into me pulling out from the lane behind the truck - which doesn't even SUGGEST that I was tailgating - into the adjacent passing lane - at which point I would NOT be following the truck "....SO DARN CLOSE..."......

....I would not be "following" it at ALL!!!!!!

......I would be BESIDE the truck.......executing my mission - which was to safely PASS the truck......the accomplishment of said mission being made safer by the way Rain-X keeps the windshield clear of water under those conditions.......

.......conditions which often result in relatively lengthy periods of a windshield completely covered with water interrupted only briefly by the passing of the wiper.......Who here doesn't know what I am talking about???????

I, too, have been a quarter-century without an attributable accident - a quarter-century of 40-50,000 miles-per-year!!!!

Knee-jerkers annoy me......

They skim over something quickly, and instead of paying attention what the author actually said, they place their own meaning on it.......and jump in with a totally unrelated, usually inappropriate answer....

Doesn't ANYBODY have ANY sort of reading comprehension and attention span any more?????

Reply to
*

Attention spam?? WTF is that???

Reply to
Roy

Per "Budd Cochran" :

I think that for some people, driving is analogous to boxing.

I find it more enjoyable when it's like dancing.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

For some, I think, it's a chance to get back at everyone they're not able to look in the eye and tell the truth to, whether they want to hear it or not, whether it's the right person or not.

Dancing? Nope, save that for the track. . . .or the dance floor.

I like to be able to relax and enjoy the trip.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Yes, especially if you pull out too close to the truck. Try dropping back a bit ( gives better view around the truck as well) accelerate in your lane and pull out before you get to the rooster tail. You'll zip thru much faster and lose your vision for a shorter time. Do this in dry weather and you find you get better gas economy because you're not putting dents in the floorboard to get up speed.

Now you have to be insulting? I've been driving for 40 years next month, probably longer than you been alive. I got maximum scores in every safe driving test I've ever taken, scored one imperfect score on a driving test just four years ago (all others were perfect scores), was driving instructor in the military. . . .now, who do you think needs it spelled out for them?

If you're pulling out into the rooster tail, you're too close.

If you are in the lane behind the truck before pulling to the other lane, you are following . . or about to be in a head on accident.

Mission??? You a top-secret government agent or something? Your RESPONSIBILITY is to pass the truck safely. By pulling out before you are so close as to get soaked in the rooster tail, you reduce the chances of an accident due to reduced visibility . . .( sarcasm mode at full) talk about needing to spell it out . . .

Only those that have not learned you don't have to be on a truck's bumper before pulling out to pass.

WOW!!! That's what percent of your total driving time? Larger, btw, is not always better. The other four accidents I was involved in were spread over the previous 15 years and only two of the total were my fault.

And spammers annoy me. So does not catching fish, but that's different. Yours was the knee-jerk reaction, btw. I was only giving sound, proven advice on how to drive safely. It is unfortunate it proves a lack of need for your spam, er, product, no, spam, yep, spamola. Ah darn, you cowardly types use a munged addy so you can't be reported. . . .you think . . .

ROTFLMBO!!!!! The answer was appropriate, spammer, it just didn't support your spam spiel, that's all.

Well, you apparently don't, or you wouldn't have your panties in a bunch claiming I misread your spam.

Some folks report spammers like you, I like to rip their spiels to shreds . . .more of a mental challenge, ya know, except when they fall apart and start being insulting as quickly as you did.

Darn, and I thought you could handle it . . . . .

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Denny wrote: > I've used Rain-x for years and I think the stuff is great. Put it on when

I agree...... if put on as per instruction the stuff is great. Eliminates even having to use the wipers half the time .

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Stick around, you ain't seen nothing yet......

Reply to
Jerry

PRE wash the Glass

Apply when the tempature is correct

Reply to
no one

~snipped the rest of your drivel~

Are you really this dense, or are you just trolling? In your 40 years of driving experience, haven't you ever been beside a semi-tractor and trailer during a rainstorm? It makes little difference when you pull out to pass, the problem starts when you get alongside. Go back and reread what he said. I'm sure he'll accept your apology.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

Hey Budd, blow it out yer ass.... You're exactly the kind of newsgroup poster who doesn't bother to read a message before shoveling off a load of drivel.

Take a moment to read back through this inane thread, and really READ what Roy said, and you'll see how completely off base your responses were.

Or not, and just go back to playing with yourself....

Reply to
v8z

Huh??? What'd I say???

Roy

Reply to
Roy

No, that's what the air horns are for :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Budd Cochran wrote in article ...

My point being that I could STAY in the rooster tail and STILL have good vision with the Rain-X......no loss of vision passing through.......

If I pull out into the adjacent lane on an Interstate highway, I put myself in jeopardy of a head-on accident???????

As I have pointed out time and time again.......on an Interstate highway, I could be approaching the truck from a quarter-mile back in the passing lane

- not even directly behind the truck.

When I pull up NEXT to the truck, I'm going to get washed over with the rooster tail.

Going through quickly - as you suggest - does, indeed reduce the time of vision loss due to water from the truck's rooster tail......

BUT.......

Using Rain-X ELIMINATES the buildup of water on the windshield, and you go through ZERO time of vision loss due to the layer of water on the windshield.

Yes....talk about the need to spell things out........

No, but you DO have to go through the rooster tail as you come up alongside the truck....

What an idiot!!!!!

You obviously don't know what constitutes SPAMMING, which causes me to seriously question if you know ANYTHING about driving.......

Reply to
*

LOL!!!

Did ya see the horns I put on my scooter? Full size, dual, automotive horns (Chrome, of course!) They'll probably work for retro rockets in a panic stop, but maybe those folks that have their stereos too loud might hear them . . .well, it's worth a try anyhow.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Are you that stupid as to think I've never been in worse than that conditions?

How about fog so thick you couldn't see the end of your hood if you didn't have the headlights on (IN)? Or a S.E. Colorado downpour that dumped 3 " in

30 minutes.

Mister, I've been thru far worse than his rooster tail and common sense and careful driving kept my butt out of accidents that put other not so careful drivers on the autopsy slab.

Now, if you have nothing constructive to add . . .

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

ROTFLMBO!!!!

And you're the common newsgroup moderator wannabe. How about you read my messages giving common sense driving tips.

I did and I understood Roy, but do you understand the idiocy of not driving safely?

Ah, the sexual innuendo . . .Trying to portray in others that which you find to be your only source of pleasure. How Freudian of you.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Don't worry, Roy, he's just a moderator wannabe.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Which is idiocy. Better and smarter to plan ahead so you avoid that situation, Rain-X or no Rain-X.

Now who has the comprehension problems. Read the first half of the sentence also.

No . . .You DID NOT say that time and time again, unless it's echoing in your empty skull, spammer.

And if you position yourself a bit farther over in the lane from the truck you'll also avoid much of his bow wave.

Then I'll be sure to neve ride with you. You're already halfway under his wheels.

ROTFLMBO!!!!! Boy, you are the spamming fool. Tell me something, if your crap works so good, how come there has not been a significant reduction in highway accidents attributed to it's use?

Tell us again how Rain-X does a Moses and parts the thick layer of water that a tractor trailer rig can throw on a windshield, (I've seen it, but I wasn't driving at the time). Prove your zero time claim.

No, you're not spelling things out, you're just repeating your sales mantra.

Really? So how come in 40 years of driving, I've never had that horrific loss of vision you claim?

A self-description? Really, you must learn to be more critical of yourself. You wouldn't make an infectded pimple on an idiot's butt.

You're selling an item, for personal financial gain, unsolicited, in a newsgroup (or as you've done, crossposted it) . . . yep, that's spamming.

If you had just been giving a testimonial on a product, you would have let mine, and other posts to your detraction, slide by, afterall, each of us is entitled to an opinion and you would have kept you comments in one or two favorite groups without crossposting, but you hit the entire prime set for spammers, didn't you?

'Tis you that are the idiot, methinks.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran