Rain Rain Coming In!

My son has a 1997 Outback. The passenger side rear floor is filling with water. He is away at college. Today he called to say the rear floor passenger side was full of water. There is no water in the rear wagon area nor in the front. He didn't drive it today. It sat in a heavy rain all day. He has noticed moisture in the wagon for some time. He will be home next week. Any suggestions on how to locate this leak.

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave718

Leaking window seal, or blocked door drains maybe?

Reply to
Andrew Morris

I would start with checking to see if the rear window was down ;)

Reply to
Ragnar

Son is driving through high water?

Reply to
Alan

Make sure the drain for the HVAC isn't blocked up with leaves or mold or that the hose isn't bent. TG

Reply to
TG

Thanks, Andrew. Great idea! My son drove the car this evening and reported that it sounds like water is sloshing around in the rear passenger door. Wednesday when he gets home we will inspect the door. Any suggestions on how to clean and keep the drains clear?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave718

The drains in the door are blocked, look under the door and with a piece of wire or small screwdriver unplug them, this will fix it, also the door inner plastic is damaged somehow and the trim should be removed to fix it at some point or the door trim will rot over time.

Reply to
David Algie

Thanks for the information. Next Tuesday when my son brings the car home we will unplug the drains per your directions. Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave718

Reply to
Kim W

I had a similar problem with my 2000 GT wagon. There are drainage rails on the underside of the car under the passenger and driver seats. There are small holes in them that should drain. Make sure they are not plugged up.

-Mike

2000 Legacy GT Wagon, Rio Red
Reply to
Michael Weaver

Sun roof ?

Reply to
Mike B.

Hi,

My old subaru 86 mpfi computer is giving the trouble code of 12. What does that mean?

Thanks,

-Pat

Reply to
Patrick Foley