Re: Fuel Price

> Units are aready running at full capacity just to keep up with current

> > demand. One goes offline, the demand cannot be met. Hence prices go up. > > Interesting then, that the prices have been going up since January. Do they > shut down a refinery or two each month? They must, if your theory is > completely true.

Once again, you talk out of your ass. How about the demand steadily going up against an already strained supply. The supply can be strained without shortages and his theory is completely valid and correct. Many gas stations in the Midwest are now charging over $3 a gallon for regular and many are simply out of fuel. Sounds like a shortage to me.

Reply to
TBone

I don't know of any area that is without fuel, thus, no shortage. I don't see reports of any stations running out of fuel.

Talking out my ass? LOL, you keep claiming things that would make national news, but yet I've seen no reports.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Reply to
Steve Scott

The past couple days there were some stations here saying they were out of fuel. They were not. They knew the price would climb this week so they held it. The news proved this point by showing delivery schedules indicating no new deliveries yet stations one day had none and today have plenty...at substantially higher selling prices.

Reply to
miles

Yup, I've seen stations around here upping the price on fuel they already bought. If they were smart, they'd up the price but still undercut the other guys...

Reply to
Max Dodge

LOL, but they don't have to and there are no rules when it comes to price gouging

Reply to
TBone

Well hooray for Mr. Economics. You lose.

What I suggested was that one station should hold its price under another station, thus selling more fuel at its rate of gouge than the other guys, profiting on volume, not percentage.

So no, they don't have to, but why wouldn't they?

Whatever, you'll just spew more garbage.

Reply to
Max Dodge

well, there's the problem..........you used 'percentage' trying to explain something to the BoneHead

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Then I guess that you are not watching the news.

Read above.

Reply to
TBone

Because with the comming panic, they are probably going to sell out anyway so why not sell it for the most money possible.

Read above.

Stop accusing me of your actions.

Reply to
TBone

Gee - I haven't seen the, "I know you are, but what am I?" retort in quite a while... :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Then you haven't been reading lately but in this case, it's the truth.

Reply to
TBone

With the huge number of replies he's posted to this thread, it HAD to show up eventually. I lost count but its gotta be over 30 by now. Probably be over 50 before he gets played out. Hell, he'll probably reply to this, even thought its not directed at him, nor is it on topic for the thread.

Reply to
Max Dodge