Re: OT What is with the weather?

"great" San Francisco quake was in 06..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

around the northwest, we are seeing warmer than usual weather. there have been a lot of local conferences and articles from the scientists warning us that global warming is a real deal and that we are starting to see the weather shifts and trends associated with that. who know??

Reply to
thenewguy

I was just reading an article stating that the current prediction for this coming winter is for average temps in the USA to be about .8F lower than the 30 year average. Whats more is that prior to the mid 1930's temperatures were steadily rising. Then they started falling until about 15 years ago when they started rising again. So far temps have not exceeded the peak of the mid 30's and the rate of increase is no higher than prior to that peak. There are scientists that say no evidence of global warming exists. Only relatively short term cyclical data that doesn't tell a very big picture. Heck, the past few years the ozone hole has been shrinking which goes against the global warming theories. I just don't think anyone really knows.

Reply to
miles

ah but havent we been in a state of global warming since the last ice age?

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Reply to
miles

ya know, i have been skeptical of this whole global warming thing but the more i read about it and the more i look into it, i think this thing may have some legs. i don't know if it is an immediate issue but it does seem to be creeping up on us more quickly than many thought. i hope we don't wake up some day and find out that we should have listened.

Reply to
thenewguy

Well, just to cover the odds, you could buy some ocean front property in nevada and wait for the water to rise... seems like it would have to, as the ice cap warms..