Re: xd-m first impressions

my sincere apologies. i did not intend to put this in this newsgroup either.

see
> -- > Nathan In Montana >

Nathan W. Collier

Now Nathan you know this news group covers just about everything! and we occasionally talk about dodge trucks.......LOL

I'm waiting on your range report, and my first opportunity to shoot an XD.

Reply to
Christopher D. Thompson

Hey, no problem... it's a far cry better than the back-and-forth bickering over the economy that's been going on here. We need more firearms talk here anyway.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I'm all for that. Are the $3-4,000 custom 1911's really that much better than a $1,000 Springfield TRP?? I've put maybe 10,000 rounds thru a Springfield loaded model in the last three years without a problem that I couldn't blame on the magazines and now I'm looking for a bit better 1911. Which one do you guys like??

Next will be the Saiga 12ga discussion.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Yada, yada, go buy a Sig. But, you better hook up with your daughter first, for some lessons.

Ya still have the black one?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

the semi-custom springfield TRP (...er, you wont see them for $1000 anymore, more like $1400) is in my opinion the absolute best value available in

1911s, period. you will find minor differences that seperate it from the custom jobs costing 3X as much, but certainly nothing to warrant the addition expense in my opinion.

the semi-custom springfield is again the best value available, but the full custom springfield TRP (around $2200) is a little sweeter. i have customs costing over $3,000 but dont think they shoot any finer than my semi custom TRP.

Nathan In Montana

Nathan W. Collier

...now that i can help with. :-)

Nathan In Montana

Nathan W. Collier

You keep yapping 'bout how good the sig is but they just don't feel right to me. I used to like plastic handguns till I held a 1911 and that put an end to that story.

BTW....I'm betting she could outshoot your ass too.. How'd it feel to get outshot by a little girl??

I got the DPMS and the Colt SP1. I'm keeping the Colt original and playing with the dpms. I put a cheap holo sight on it just to see if I'd like it. So far, so good. Next year I'll probably get a better one. I've found that a good sight will make up for 50 year old eyes.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I guess I should have bought one when I was looking at them. Damn......

I was at Targetworld in Cinn. about a month ago and they had a rack of Les Baurs, Wilson Combats, Ed Brown and a couple of others. They all looked damned nice but if I was blindfolded then all just felt like my ole Springfield. I'm sure the slides were a little tighter and the triggers a little crisper but I just can't see the 3 grand for them.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

see

Nathan In Montana

Nathan W. Collier

Well, seeing as she has outshot you, why don't you tell us how it feels?

Yup, age and vision sure can mess ya up.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

top shelf 1911s appeal to either very serious competitive shooters, serious collectors with a lot of money to burn, and those who want the bragging rights. for practical application there is indeed very little difference in top shelf 1911s and the better middle shelf 1911s.

Nathan In Montana

Nathan W. Collier