tests for truck

Hi,

I heard there was some kind of "litmus paper" that could be used to test the radiator water to determine if there is oil in the water jacket. Anyone know what kind of test paper that is?

Is there some kind of instant test I could do on the engine oil to determine the engine condition? Any other types of tests available to test a used truck??

Tim

Reply to
Tim

No quick tests for oil other than the falling ball to test viscosity. A typical lab charges between $30-$40 for a full test. Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

If you suspect oil in the water why buy the truck??

Most people selling a used truck will change the oil prior to advertiseing it for sale.

Roy

Reply to
Roy