Tire question

On and off, I've been asking questions about tires, since my 2001 Dak is due for a new set. I've pretty much decided on Michelin LTX M/S...

We thought we were going back to the US, but now there's a possibility we may be going 'elsewhere', so I have a new question:

How are these tires on sand and how do they stand up to really, really hot pavement?

jmc

Reply to
jmc

I have not driven much in soft sand but they have good traction on dirt/gravel roads. I live in the desert with really really hot pavement. I have always gotten at least 60K miles out of a set. You might also look at the LTX A/T's (not A/S). They have a more agressive tread for off roading.

Reply to
miles

I had the LTX A/Ts on my 2000 Sierra. They were great tires, the only complaint I had was the noise they made..

BDK

Reply to
BDK