correction on lifter noise

Correction on model of Ford to Ford F150 pick up six cylinder with

112,000 miles on it. This noise does seem to be more noticeable as I come to stop signs lasts for 3 or 4 seconds. Hot or cold randomly. I changed the oil and filter when it first started this noise seems to have lessen it some .The oil was dirty .would changing it again after having ran it a few miles help any? Thanks for suggestions hlb
Reply to
HL B123

Yes, another oil change might fix it, if this one made th noise really lessen!

I also believe in using a Top End oil, for the lifters... it is a thin oil that you add about 4 ounces of, that lubes and cleans the lifters, as it tends to "float" on "top" of the engine oil. It can stay until the next oil change.

When I was a car dealer, and we had this problem, we would dump in 4 to

8 ounces of automatic transmission oil, and it would clean the lifters.

Then, we would change the oil and filter, after driving it around and home for the night.

In your case, I would dump in the 4 ounces of AT fluid, drive it for about 100 miles, and then do a change of oil and filter.

My 1993 F-150 engine must have about 110,000 miles or so on it... previous owner got alzheimers, was about 90 years old, and burned up the first one...

Glad to report it doesn't burn oil, has no leaks, and runs great!

Best of luck to you!

Reply to
Big Red Truck

Thanks for the responses ,I am going try the AT fluid and drive it and then change oil and filter . thanks hlb

Reply to
HL B123