Well, welll ... some things never change.

What's wrong with top posting except it seems to bother a few "purists"?

Oh, netiqutte ... right ... wasn't it supposed to also reduce profanity usage, flames and the like?

Hmmmmmm, hasn't done a very good job if you ask me.

I mean, look at you, picking on him for posting on top which Outlook Express, for example, does by default.

Reply to
C.L. "Budd" Cochran

Oh, and because I didn't give you a verbatim transcription of what went on in the privacy of the Doctor's Office and gave only what Eddie told me, I'm in error?

I don't think so. You're making assumptions without basis, actually.

Which is based on what Eddie told me they said.

Why do you use the word "let" in this question? I was the one telling him he should test more ... DUH!

Right ... I knew him longer than you. He left on his own volition, not because you ran him off.

There ya go, blaming everything on Bush. You're stuck in a rut.

Didn't they teach you anything in school about how the Constitution restricts the powers and authorities of the Legiuslative, Judicial and Executive branches of the government ... or did you play hookie that day?

Bush nor Obama really has the power to make those changes and the Supreme Court, along with all other courts, does not have the authority to make laws.

Reply to
C.L. "Budd" Cochran

Well, obviously, you don't want to admit that someone else can be human and make mistakes, just blame it on Bush.

Good grief . . . . . .

Reply to
C.L. "Budd" Cochran

At least he isn't putting a sig line up there, below his comments. That would delete everything below in the reply window. Oh, you just did that!

Reply to
Beryl

Gee, it's still there on my reply to you ... maybe your reader isn't set to quote previous messages and you're just blaming everyone else for it?

Reply to
C.L. "Budd" Cochran

Wait, this is even funnier

Christian right leader George Rekers takes vacation with "rent boy"

Reply to
Beryl

No, it isn't, unless you go back and copy it from an earlier post and repaste it back in here. Which you didn't.

Everything following a sig delimiter "-- " gets thrown out.

Reply to
Beryl

Dunno about everyone else, Budd, but as a relatively constant reader of this NG over the past 8 years I'm happy to see you back again; alive and well. Do you still have your little Cushman scooter? I dunno about flames, I couldn't give a@#$% about nonsense like that. Glad you're back again, BUT I'm not really into learning about born-again Christianity. I'll make up my own mind about religious issues. Just PUH-LEEZE don't start preaching at us. If any of us cared we'd go to religious NGs/websites.

As far as I'm concerned you're welcome back. This group isn't moderated; everyone gets to speak his mind, but as you've no doubt seen unpopular and particularly deliberately antagonistic posts are gonna get short shrift here.

Reply to
Jimmy

+1

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

Actually, I'm not "back". I'm trying to find a free news service provider that allows posting without a three day delay and "freenews.netfront.net" ain't it. AADT has an excellent number of new posts daily, or used to, so I can check on how well the provider does.

Gotta do some more shopping.

See? Now there's the same misconception still running around about my posts as last time, but since you've already decided I shouldn't "preach" I'll not waste my breath ... or electrons.

BTW, according to the First Amendment, you're technically denying me my right to practice my beliefs ... just so you know.

Yet just a few lines earlier:

"Just PUH-LEEZE don't start preaching at us."

That's called "hypocrisy" at best or a "double standard" at worst.

And the sad part is the same folks that got so upset at me the last time would probably never tell a Muslim or Buddhist to shut up.

C.L. "Budd" Cochran

Really?

Funny.

Outllook Express has never done that to me.

Reply to
C.L. "Budd" Cochran

nntp.aioe.org is free. No registration, just use it.

Reply to
Beryl

Done what?

Reply to
Beryl

de quoted text -

Hey Budd, I use Google to post here since RoadRunner quit having acces to newsgroups. It's worked fairly good so far....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Reply to
Dimbo Spams

You're guaranteed your Constitutional rights, same as every American.

I tried to make the simple little point of welcoming you back, mentioning that this NG might not be the proper venue for religious discussion and now I get this diatribe from you.

Reply to
Jimmy

Your surprised???

Reply to
Roy

Suddenly, without warning, C.L. "Budd" Cochran exclaimed (5/11/2010

12:45 AM):

If they went on about religion rather than trucks here, imagine someone would (I'm quieter, I just killfile). Sure this NG talks more about, well, just about anything *but* trucks sometimes, but nobody likes to be preached at, except in their religious house of choosing.

I have strong beliefs about quite a few subjects, including religion, myself, but this is simply not the place to go on about them.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

... for the website.

news://nntp.aioe.org should appear as a clickable link to get his newsreader subscribed, if Budd can't manually enter nntp.aioe.org in whatever place his junky newsreader wants it.

Reply to
Beryl

Then you could have stated it in a manner that didn't read like you're telling me what I can or cannot post.

I can only read what you write, not what your thinking is behind it.

Which is what happened before: I would post a correct Scripture quotation and is was ASSUMED that I was preaching.

And as you said, topics are not restricted.

Reply to
C.L. "Budd" Cochran