Dodgy jack

I was fitting some alloys to my stilo on tues.when the jack supplied with the car broke! This was something of a shock as it was the first time it had been used (I was changing the third wheel) and the thread completely stripped and the car came down with a thump in less than a second without any warning. Fortunately although I had slightly loosened the nuts the wheel was still firmly attached and I was well clear so no harm done My local garage replaced it under warranty but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else or was I just unlucky?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I've changed the wheels twice without any such problems. I have however had to very quickly crank the car down again because the jack started to lean more and more backwards as the wheel left the ground. It was a slight uphill but I've had no problems there before.

Reply to
Dan

I was changing the third wheel so the jack had raised and lowered the car twice and broke as I raised the car the third time. I'm sure they're meant to last more that two uses otherwise there would be a warning label!!!

I am well aware of jack safety otherwise I prob wouldn't be typing this.

Mike

Reply to
Mike