fiat punto sporting 2004 1.4 6-speed manual .. please help!

i wonder if anyone can help me, i just recently bought my punto sporting, and i love it, although, there is a knocking noise coming from the front left hand side, as if maybe there is a branch stuck in the wheel, but its not, thats just what it sounds like. Its only when you first take off this noise happens, then it will go away, does anyone know what it is, i want to know what it is before i put it into a garage ??

thanks!

Reply to
daryn

Sounds suspiciously like CV joint, particularly if it occurs under power, with the wheels turned, pulling away from a kerb, or going round corners. Clunks, rather than a repetitive knocking noise, as you apply or remove power, possible something loose in the suspension, worn bushes or loose bolts. I take you have had the hub cap off and it is not loose wheel bolts, and that the main centre big hub nut is firm and staked into its notch on the shaft. Enthusiasts often do DIY jobs, the centre hub nut needs a lot of torque, and a torque wrench with settings higher than the DIY market torque wrenches.

Reply to
ato_zee