Stilo JTD Dynamic 3 door hatch, Comments.

I have just purchased a Stilo JTD Dynamic 3 door hatch.

I would like to hear your comments / info good and bad.

Mike S.

Reply to
Mike Steward

Hi Mike

I had a 2.4 Selespeed 5 door for 4 years. The only problem I had was with front tyre wear. This was a factory tracking issue and Fiat ran a campaign to retrack affected cars. Might be worth keeping an eye on you front tyres for a while. There was at least two other campaigns:

1) (safety) to add some retaining plates to the front springs 2) (electrical) reroute of a connector in front of the fuse box and behind the front grille. Some selespeed models had water/damp ingress into this connector which upset the gearbox signals and caused it to misbehave. Fix my have been applicable to all Stilos.

A point worth noting is that if you give your registration (assuming it is the 1st reg when car was sold) and/or chassis number to your Fiat dealer they can check to see if all applicable campaigns have been carried out on you car. If not they should still be able to get them done and bill Fiat for the work. If the care has been dealer maintained then they should have all been done. Worth checking though.

Apart from that....

Enjoy. The Stilo is/was a much underrated car. Usual biased press opinions and those of the clueless.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick /////

I've got a JTD Dynamic 5-door.

Only issues are:

As mentioned by Nick ///// the tracking was WAY out on mine and wrecked the front tyres before I noticed.

I had the drop links replaced under guarantee at 36,000; they were shot. It's worth checking.

The gearbox on mine feels very stiff - I'll investigate when the weather gets warmer.

The suspension feels a bit flimsy but no troubles so far.

I paid £3,950 for the car, it was less than three years old, in excellent condition with 36,000 miles. I'm well pleased.

If you don't know about:

it's definitely worth a visit.

Another Dave

Reply to