Punto wont go into gear

Hi, My 95 punto wont go into gear anymore, at least when the engine is running. When the engine is off, all the gears are available, however when the engine is ticking over the gearstick wont let me engage the gears.

Any idea? Thanks! Stephen.

Reply to
rebelbuttmunch

The clutch has probably stopped working. Put it in gear with the engine off, push clutch down, push brake hard, start car. What happened?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Yup. Sounds like the clutch to me. If it is, no doubt you get a grating noise when you try to engage gear with the engine running. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

I'll try that first test when I get home today. when the engine is running I cant even get close to getting it into gear.

Reply to
rebelbuttmunch

Hydraulic too, aren't they? Check it's got fluid before anything else.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot