Fiat Brava

I tried to use the washer bottle to clean the screen (as you do) and, although you could hear the washer motor working nothing happened. OK, just re-fill with water (although it didn't seem that long ago since I'd done it, and it's a *big* bottle to fill).

So, put more water in, attempt to clean windows, hear pump going, after about 30 seconds water gets flung at the windscreen. Great, perhaps it had run so low that there was no water left at all along the pipework, thinks I.

That wouldn't appear to be the case, I tried to clean the windscreen yesterday, same scenario whereby you can hear the motor working but nothing comes out. Checked the bottle (in case there was a leak), totally full. All the connections that I can see appear to be ok, no splits or anything.

Anyone any idea what could be at fault? Is there a possible pump failure?

Reply to
DangerScouse

Perhaps you need to get a new "T-piece" That is something i had a while a ago, try to attach the eh...line to just one of your washers and see if that works, if it does, it probably is the "T-piece"

Reply to
Draak

By the 'T'-piece, do you mean the small round piece that the pipe from the bottle goes into in order for the other two pipes to be attached?

I've managed to get a willing assistant to work the lever while I see what happens, the water is exiting from a hole in the middle of the 'T'- piece that I think looks like it should normally have a piece of plastic in it.

Or does this mean there is a blockage in one of the pipes forcing the water out of the hole?

Reply to
DangerScouse

Yup, that's the T-piece that makes two pipes for the two washers. The thing i had was just broken, didnt cost much to get a new one.

Looks like it's broken...that is where mine stopped working also ;-)

Hmm...not very likely i think

Reply to
Draak

Ta for your help, I'll be getting a new 'T'-piece in the week then. (Not tomorrow, tomorrow I am out on the bike in-between working.) :o)

Reply to
DangerScouse

Yup, i have a "98 Punto

Reply to
Draak

Oh just a question, i see you English people always use the word MK1 etc....what does that stand for, first model, new model etc?

Reply to
Draak

Don't ask me, I know jack-all about cars. Good with bikes though.

Reply to
DangerScouse

MK1 = Mark 1, first revision of a model, MK2 = Mark 2, 2nd revision, etc.

Hellraiser...........>

Reply to
Hellraiser

Mark 1 1994 - 1999 Mark 2 1999 - 2003 Mark 3 2003 onwards

Reply to
firestarter

Thanks, all clear now, i have a MK1 Punto :-)

Reply to
Draak

firestarter skrev:

Here in Denmark we don't have a Mk3 Brava - It's called "Stilo" here in Denmark, and is a car that's different from the Brava on many many areas :-)

Reply to
Søren C. Fischer

No we don't either, ours is called the Stilo. I think the poster was meaning MK1,2 and 3 Punto's

Tim

Reply to
Tim Anderson