Tipo warm start problems

My 89 Tipo 1.6 is really beginning to annoy me :(

Everything seems fine, engine runs like a charm but if I pop to the shops, get the engine warm, and leave the car for 5 mins or so, it won't start when I come back to it - the engine turns over, but it won't fire. Try about

5 or 6 times and it'll start, then it runs fine. No problems if it's left for longer, it'll start first turn of the key in the morning.

Any ideas, before I get rid of it and buy a Ford :)

Hellraiser..........>

Reply to
Hellraiser

mike

I used to have a Tipo and like you it was nothing but trouble! Every week there was something different, nice car when they are going! In the end I bought a Honda and life is so much different!

Think you best bet is to do the same!

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Would you believe it? It was down to that bloody crank sensor again, after it warms up it goes high resistance, obviously not so high as for the engine to cut out, but high enough to prevent it starting till it has cooled a little. Just bought a new one, presuming another second hand one may well have the same fault, works fine.

Hellraiser..........>

Reply to
Hellraiser