GM Working On A 'Mustang Competitor'!!

M'kay, let's calm dyown... heh heh Bruce actually started the grammar-police issue, so he was goin' off that, even though it was a joke, and ya can't really blame him for bein' pissed at what was said... I mean, really, he does drive a Ford... heh heh (hopefully the Ford/GM/Mopar issue is extended sibling rivalry, considering we've got a lot more to feel derisive about (ricers) than eachother and we do all have a common opponent... I REFUSE TO SAY CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG!!)

Reply to
7ball

By others maybe. Not by myself. I have come to be known by some as Dick. They know who I am and what I do, so it doesn't bother me in the least. Better than my Jr High/High School nickname.

Never had to see one of those...and didn't think I could spell it until now. I guess you are the one in the know eh?

Don Manning

message

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Gotta leave it to 180 and Joe to come in here and put it down!

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

"Charles Bendig" wrote

So you're talking about taking a brand new $42,000 to $50,000 two-seater and putting another $30,000 or so into it to make it something completely different from what it was (and in the process taking it into Viper and Porsche 911 territory). In other words, bench racing in the extreme.

Although I appreciate the creativity, I doubt if you could get the weight down too much just by replacing body panels. 300 lbs would be a miracle. The weight is carried mainly in the unibody, and you can't do much about that. And would a Rat even fit in one of these? I've seen underhood of just one and even that Gen 3 looked like a tight fit. Better to go with a supercharged LS6.

To go back to your 20-year-old pickup for an example is to admit defeat.

We were talking about "bow tires," not GTO's. Although I guess the GTO, with a Chevy motor and zero Pontiac parts, is more a bow tire than a Poncho.

Did you know that the GTO is the only Gen 3 vehicle that still runs the LS1 style heads. All others, including even trucks, run the LS6 style. Kind of sad, that "Pontiac" can't even put its best parts on its performance vehicle. "We build excitement," huh?

180 Out TS 28

P.S. Please realize I am no Chevy hater or blind-faithful brand loyalist. I just happen to have a '65 Mustang fb (cost me $2500) and a '70 Cleveland-equipped Cougar (cost me $1800) as my hobby cars at the moment. But prior to that was a '67 Z-28, a '67 Malibu SS 396, and a '66 big block Vette coupe.

Reply to
180 Out

LOL!! The day a chevy guy gives a ford guy a break(or vice-versa) on usenet is going to be the day hell freezes over. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Chevy guys don't need to give ford guys a break, their cars will do it on their own.

Hahah.. =o)

Reply to
Bruce Chang

LOL!

But on a serious note, these children have parents who suffer the consequences of the misfortune every day.

I go out of my way to help underprivileged children in my area. i.e. building computers, with take off parts from the area computer stores, and help out troubled children. With less than desirable parents.

But, that was still funny as hell!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

I know what you do:

So it would have been funny also, but to most in this group, who don't know what you do. It would have been construed as a derogatory remark and the beginning of a flame war with others.

Something I believe we wouldn't want, with our humorous relationship.

Sincerely,

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Ahh.....but they have plenty of breaks to give I am sure ;) I myself cannot complain, my Ford doesn't break too often. Its got 154,000 miles on the original motor, trans, and rear. That ain't too bad considering that I race it every chance I get and drive it like its stolen(plus I have towed and hauled alot of shit with it). But then again, the last mustang I had went through a motor, trans, and rear end in less than

75,000(problems from previous owner). On the other hand, I know of many chevies that have broken more than or at least as much as any other fords. I am not a die hard ford fan at all, I just happen to own one right now that I happen to like alot. They all break though, period. Erik D. '94 white lightning >
Reply to
Erik D.

I agree!

Them pricks screwed up our economy, brainwashed almost a whole generation, and took over the minds of the children of the generation they almost brainwashed.

Now China will be the next in line to send us back scrap as cars. Look out, it will be a rough road ahead, and that's why GM, Ford and D-C are posturing themselves!

Refinish King

grammar-police

Reply to
Refinish King

Lamer.

Reply to
CobraJet

Golly gee, asswipe. Let's all hold hands and tickle each others' hairy palms, shall we?

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Amen to that.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Transalation: If I were a human being I'd be dead by now.

Translation: GM and Chrysler buy their acid from the same supplier I do.

Translation: Chevrolet still sells cars so I'm on a spiralling chemically-induced rant into the bowels of Hell.

Translation: Angel dust gives me illusions of grandeur.

Translation: Angel dust frees up my suppressed memories.

Translation: The fact that I don't know the difference between "delude" and "deduce" is inconsequential, as the angel dust made both my eyes fall into a bowl of cherries.

Translation: Only dorks use words like "regards".

Translation: Despite my meds and the dust, I still know what I like best in life.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

I notice the English people pronounce "specialty" as "speciality". _If_ it is spelled "specialty" in England as it is in America (and I'm not saying it is), then I dare say the Brits are pronouncing letters that aren't even in the word. Just about as "edjumacated" as people in Missouri somehow getting an "uhh" sound on the end of their states name. The letter "I" cannot have an "uhh" sound in the English language as properly pronounced and spoken. Kind of like Bostonians not pronouncing an "R" in words like car, bar, party etc., but then putting them into words where they do not belong such as "Cuber" instead of Cuba.

** To email a reply, please remove everything up to and including the underscore in my email reply header.
Reply to
SgtSilicon

This guy is less than shit in the cleats of my work boots!

Don't bother to try reasoning, just flame away!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Pillow biter!

Refinish King

conjunction

Reply to
Refinish King

CobraJet wrote in news:220620041711182239% snipped-for-privacy@streetracer.sfv:

Damn, CJ, how you've mellowed with age...

Joe

"Refinish King" wrote

Doesn't exist. If you mean Zyprexa though, I don't see what that has anything to do with any condition that CJ may or may not have. It's used for manic depression, schizophrenia, and behavioral problems that occur with dementia. After reading some of your posts it sounds like you should visit with your doctor about maybe starting it yourself, especially for that last indication for usage. Don't try to say it was a *typo* since P and X are on completely opposite sides of the keyboard.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Actually that's in the southern half of the state. In the northern half it's correctly pronounced with the -ee sound at the end.

Reply to
66 6F HCS