door adjustment

I put new hinge pins and bushings on the driver's door of my '94 XL. The door is nice and tight on the hinges now but doesn't latch quite right. How do I adjust this? Adjust at the latch or latch pin or do I adjust the hinge mounting bolts? Thanks.

Reply to
Bob

How does the door look in the frame? My guess is you took the hinges out to rebuild them. Concentrate on the hinges. Also consider that a previous owner or mechanic adjusted the striker pin to compensate for worn out hinges.

My suggestion would be to take the striker pin out completely and close the door. Look at how it sit's in the truck and adjust the hinges at the door and door frame until it sit's right in the chassis I put new hinge pins and bushings on the driver's door of my '94 XL. The

Reply to
Madmax

Thanks! I followed your suggestions and now the door closes like a bank vault.

Reply to
Bob