'03 XLT CD player runs fast.

Doesn't happen every time but often enough to be very annoying. I slip a cd into the single disc stock player, it cues up and the music plays as if it's a 33 rpm lp playing at 45 rpm (I hope some of you remember lps) Ejecting the disc and recueing sometimes solves this problem, some times not. Anyone have similar experience or suggestions how to solve the problem?

-Foon

Reply to
Foon

Strange. Is it skipping and playing fast, as if your doing a fast forward operation? Or is it simply playing fast smoothly, i.e. Chipmunks style.

Reply to
DriveSpy

Straight ahead fast, chipmunks style. (I like that metaphor)

Reply to
Foon