2000 Exp. Limited Price & Worth?

I am looking at a 2000 Explorer Limited to buy from an individual. . I would like to ask the groups opinion about the price etc.

4Dr AWD V-8 White Pearl is the color & it in a "Clean Shape condition". It has 67330 miles..a little high Limited Slip Differential with 3.73 axle Power Moonroof Compact Disc Changer multi play Camper/Towing Package ( but no hitch? is this normal?)

Below are things needing attention with the vehicle; The front seat has an issue though, the electric controls at the lower side panel is coming loose. Can this be corrected ? (I have noticed this condition on several used explorers I have been looking at.) Also the brakes ( it is 4w disc) will need serviced. Coolant needs changed Transmission needs serviced Fuel filter and air filter needs changed Needs a new battery

Now for the price, they are asking $13,500.00 Remember this is a private party seller not dealer or car lot.

Comments on this price ( good deal or not etc.) and any other thoughts would be appreciated, please! Bill V.

Reply to
Bill V

"Bill V" wrote,,,

Bill:

If you are stateside, the free and simple Kelley Blue Book website can give you some numbers to work with. Don't feel obligated to use their figures though, as current local market conditions and your bargaining finesse can come into play. It's worth a visit though:

Best wishes,

Brian

Reply to
Brian Humphrey

BTW the VIN # is;

1FMZU85P1YZA19417 If there is anyone that would care to email me the "Carfax" on it? mothergoose snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Thanks, Bill V.
Reply to
Bill V

Yes, I admit it, sometimes I can be cheap! Bill V.

Reply to
Bill V

Thanks for the suggestions!...Robdog.

We have agreed to a price... So the price is $12,900.00...Although I haven't picked it up yet.

When I test drove it I turned the radio on but didn't check it for readability...(is that a word..grins).

I feel like I have gotten a good deal. but maybe not so good if it has some things wrong I have overlooked!

best regards, Billdog

Like I mentioned b4 I have about $500 to $600 worth of service and maintenance I'd like to do.

Reply to
Bill V

Well congratulations Billmeister! I think you'll love it ($40k sticker when new!). I think Edmunds.com is most accurate on prices; $12.9 sounds pretty good to me. By the way, mine also came with towing package (which is basically a tranny cooler) and no hitch...it's a good thing that prior owner didn't tow. Can't help you on seat electrical your truck, like the voice recorder behind the driver's visor. You can play some great tricks on kids with that thing by prerecording a pause and then some bizarre noises...gives you time to surreptitiously push the play button and then put your hands back on the wheel.

Let us know your experiences after you've owned for a short bit!

Oh, on the radio..it'll either display the station, time, etc., or be completely blank. If it ends up going blank on you, you'll find plenty of threads on this NG on how to try to deal with it. I suggest, if it works now, just get comfortable quick with how many times you have to push the buttons to set your bass, treble how you like it; to switch between modes, etc., and then you can live with it once it goes blank, as I do because I am, like you, sometimes a tightwad. Good luck.

Robmeister

Reply to
Rob