Explorer Eddie Bauer Stereo 97

Could someone tell me if the buttons on the stereo around the cassette slot are lighted when the headlights are put on. The rear wiper control,fog light switch,rear defogger are lit up but the seek,cd, am/fm clock,preset buttons 1-6 etc. are not lighting up.I checked the fuses and they are all good. Are there bulbs that need to be replaced? Any help ? Thanks

Reply to
Anthony Viviani

All of the radio buttons normally illuminate. I would expect you have to remove the radio and front faceplate to get at the bulbs.

=Vic= Bear Gap, PA

Anth>

Reply to
Vic Klein

From page 4 of my 1998 EB Audio Guide:

"...If your vehicle is equipped with the dual media audio system, the lighting strategy developed is unique. During the operation of any selected mode, lighting for the individual function controls will either illuminate or turn off. Those controls which have a function for the specific mode of operation selected will be lit, while controls which have no function for that mode will be turned off."

Good luck,

Steven

Vic Kle>

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf

Thanks Vic and Steve for your help, but I checked the fuses and took the radio apart today and didn't see any bulbs. I am going to give the Dealer a call tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks Again.

Reply to
Anthony Viviani