2000 Fors Explorer, changing the fuel filter

I have the tool they sell to accomplish this. I took the clips off and gave it a go following the picture on the package. It doesn't want to budge it seems? Any insight or trick to this I should know? Thanks for any help here.

Reply to
weatherbe

Go to this site "

" andsearch for fuel filter. There is pictures and other informations there.

Reply to
kainip

so the tool doesn't even work anmd the site won't pull up

Reply to
moonboysd

so the tool doesn't work and the site posted won't pull up. So what home/shop tool does the special fuel filter nonworking tool most resemble

Reply to
moonboysd

I have a set of these (plastic). The package said use the 3/8 tool for Ford fuel filters, not the 5/16. The 3/8 worked great.

Reply to
ross via CarKB.com

In our area, it is commonplace for these connections to load up with mud, sand and road debris.... This can pack in behind the reatainer spring making it difficult to collapse the spring.... repeated efforts without cleaning the connection can even damage the springs so that they wont hold any more.

Reply to
Jim Warman