2002 explores alignment problem

I have a 2002 Explorer with 10,00 miles on it. It has been back to the dealer 5 times to have the alignment corrected. It wears (burns off) the outside edge of the passenger side tires both front and back in about 3000 miles. already went through 5 tires on that side. It was originally brought back for a pull to the right when new but has not been corrected yet by the dealer. Is there any one else having this type of problem?

Reply to
Batty

The vehicle tracks fine, I have a printout of the first alignment a few of the settings were changed. tires are stock Michelin pressures are to spec. Part of the problem seems to be the dealer. The vehicle is used for rural mail delivery. lots of stop and go not much mileage. They see the tire sidewall is abraded by the sand and slush from this past winter and suspect curb damage. I have explained to them there are no curbs on the delivery route. I never did get a printout from the last alignment. The dealer put on two new tires one time then rotated the next, then put the spare on the front rim one time I did buy a new one because of road damage(broken bottle) which was put on the back passenger side. It still is wearing the outside edge enough to see and feel the angle on the tread. The inside and L side tires are fine, smooth.

Reply to
Batty

I suggest buying the lifetime alignment from Firestone if there's a franchise near you. It pays for itself after 2-3 trips. I take my 01 sport in every 10k and the align it, that's their business. I am satisfied.

The Tech does say it's typical for Explorers to go out of alignment.

Reply to
The Wolf