2004 Explorer CD player

I have a single CD player in my Explorer. There is a CD in it that will not eject. When I attempt to eject it, "Error" shows up on the display. I bought the vehicle used.

Reply to
scaper_of_land

This works on my '02 6-CD player. Might help for you.

Get a pair of business cards, or cut a 3X5 index card into two pieces, each 3 X 2-1/2 inches. Push open the little door that covers the CD slot

- at this point, you can see the edge of the stuck CD. Gently work one card in above the CD, and the other below the CD. Don't force anything, just rock it in gently. At some point, the CD should suddenly slide out.

Once this has happened, it will happen again, especially if you use homemade CDs with a glued-on paper label.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

I think it might happen again. I actually was able to play a cd in the player while I had one stuck in there. Finally got the cd out when I went and bought a new cd player at the store. Good luck....and start saving for a new radio jbug

Reply to
jbug

You were able to play one CD while another was stuck inside, in a single CD player? Wow!

How did you mount a new CD player in that oddball opening?

About saving for a new radio - I'm not sure how necessary that will be, depending on your level of patience. My 6-CD changer has been doing this occasionally for several years now, and I have gotten pretty good at reaching over and sliding the business card it. Don't be too quick to assume the worst situation.

Just my experience.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey