2005 Explorer XLS Sport - Strange noise coming from the bottom of the car

Hello list,

I noticed a strange "scrapping" noise coming from the bottom of my new

2005 Explorer (< 100 miles)

This noise ONLY occured when I started the car (by turning the ignition), and put it in drive. The scrapping noise (the volume varied but not too much) would last < 1 sec., and it happened within 3 - 5 seconds of the car began to move forward (no noise when the transmission was in reverse).

Once the car was running, the noise would not appear again, evening if I came to a complete stop (with the engine still running).

The dealership's service advisor didn't listen to what I have to say the first time and attributed the problem to the service bulletin (wrong fluid in the transmission), but it noise persisted after the dealership serviced the car based on the bulletin's recommendation.

I am taking the car back tomorrow, and I'm hoping someone can help provide clues for my clueless service advisor. Thank you very much in advice.

-H

Reply to
crash32931

Not a noise that I am familiar with but I can only suggest that the tech scheduled to work on your car or the shop foreman be given the opportunity to hear the noise. You may need to find a tactful way to remind the SA that the concern needs to be verified before it can be diagnosed...

Reply to
Jim Warman