Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

98EB A/C issue
My 98 Explorer SOHC A/C stopped working late last summer and the dealer indicated that the accumulator (drier) was seeping and had some rust issues (blend door is OK). They recommended replacing it...
2
2

re---Oil pressure alert/engine check light.
your problem could be very serious. Worn engine and seals. No OIL pressure on startup. Overnight the engine oil drains down from the oilways into the sump. Worst is the timing chain tensioners are...

i need help with my 1993 ford explorer not starting
I am looking for someone who might be able to help me find out the reason I cant get my explorer to start. When i turn the switch on I have power to my windows, locks, etc. but when i turn it...
3
3

Re: - DSCF4399.JPG (2/2) Spare Trans Part
Two, no, make that three suggestions.... Google "post pictures to newsgroups".... You should find something that will work for you... Second.... make sure that someone isn't going to shit on you for...
2
2

- DSCF4399.JPG (0/2) Re: - DSCF4399.JPG (2/2) Spare Trans Part
I'm replying with another attempt to attach a pic of the part. Looks like the first attempt failed. bt

- DSCF4399.JPG (0/2) Spare Trans Part
I'm hoping somebody has seen this before. I was performing a 60K mile service on my 2002 4.6L Expedition automatic transmission-fluid, filter and gasket. The transmission is a 4R70W, which I believe...
2
2

'91 Explorer electrical problem
Hi guys. It seems as though I have an electrical problem which causes my hazard lights to flash out of control, and my car is not able to start while this is going on. Ever since I installed my amp...
3
3

'98 Ford Explorer - Sluggish starting?
I've got a '98 Ford Explorer Sport with the 4L SOHC V6 engine. Unfortunately, it's starting getting very sluggish when trying to start. One time it took me several minutes and several tries to get it...
3
3

ford explorer engine compatibility
what other models will a 2004 ford explorer engine fit in with out too much trouble

2001 Explorer Sport Trac error codes
My son's Sport Trac has the following error codes: PO171 and PO174. Anybody able to assist in identifying the cause? The breakout (based on the Autozone tester) said "System too lean" 69800 miles on...
6
6

Shock Replacement on '97 EB
I brought my '97 EB in for service and they found that the shocks were worn and leaking 61K on truck and original shocks. The offerred to replace them with KYB Gas Pressure shocks. Has anybody heard...
1
1

1997 transmission question
1997 auto. 4x4 Transmission pulls fine, but when going down hill the transmission will "rev up" faster than the engine causing a whineeinf noise. I can give it more gas and the engine will catch up...

Oil Pressure Alert/Check Engine Light?
Starting a few months ago, every now and then the check engine light would remain on after I started my 2000 Explorer when it was cold. At that time it would happen perhaps once a week, and the light...
1
1

98 Explorer A/C Problem
I have a 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer with 102k miles and have been having A/C issues. The A/C will only blow hot air and in addition, there is a rattling noise when I idle. I took it to a repair...
4
4

2004 Ford Explorer Fuel Filter Location
I can not find the fuel filter on my 2004 Ford Explorer. I had no problem locating and changing the fuel filter on my 1999 Ford Explorer. Please help :-) Ryan
4
4