94 Explorer Limited w/JBL stereo over haul question

OK, so I have read ALOT of scattered posts about what I need to do to swap out my stereo...

I have a 1994 Ford Explorer Limited 4-door, cassette player with DNR on it, and the JBL sub... I'm not sure is thats premium or not and am not sure how to tell. When I got it, the sub was cracked and as of right now has been removed (amp and enclosure are still there). I want to replace the head unit and put a new sub and amp into it... What do I have to do, and if you can't tell me how, point me where I can find the information. I know that I will probably need to rewire around some things, but I need to know what. Please help me out and save me some cash on having some hot shot at a shop do it for me... or having them break it because they don't really know what there doing.

-Tony

Reply to
blksprk

I don't think it's the premium. I think it's the next level up from the premium. The premium didn't have the subwoofer but it did have a separate amp. I've never seen anything that suggests you can easily reuse the existing wiring and get a good sounding system unless you are willing to figure out which wires go where and then hook them up to the new system and completely bypass the existing amp.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I've found this site helpful in many different ways:

Good luck,

Steven

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf

check this out...I have had this bookmark for sometime and just wanted to pass it along. Enjoy.

http://www.rit>OK, so I have read ALOT of scattered posts about what I need to do to

Reply to
Sam