2006 Camry JBL radio harness?

I'm having trouble finding a wiring harness for my 2006 Camry.

It is the JBL unit, with the in-dash 6-CD changer. It has a "SAT" button, but no satellite radio. I have the separate JBL amp behind the glove compartment (it's marked 86280-AA074). The amp has two plugs on it.

How can I get rid of the head unit and seperate amp, and use my aftermarket unit (I already have the mounting bracket that fits where the JBL head unit is).

I can't seem to find the harness for this anywhere. Do I have options?

Thanks

Reply to
Netsirk

Try crutchfield.com.

Reply to
Ray O

Try Wal*Mart. The connector is specific to the car, not the radio. They have them for $7.

The only problem here is presented by the amp. I am not sure if the head unit sends out a low-level signal or if there is an attenuator built into the amp. I know on Chryslers there is an attenuator in the amp, so you can plug in any moderate-powered head unit, but Toyota may work differently.

If you plan on bypassing the amp, there are companies that make a harness that attach the incoming connector to the outgoing connector, but the only place I an aware to buy these is online. If you're handy with an ohm meter you can figure this out yourself, or look online for a diagram...

Good Luck!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Reply to
cat06

Take a look at Scosche's web site. I believe I saw something there for JBL car audio.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Well, it turns out that I didn't need a harness that fit the plug at the amp. Also, I didn't need a harness that fit either radio plug.

Thanks to an installer at my local Circuit City, I was able to get this done.

The standard Toyota harness that you can get anywhere will work - the trick is to find the place to plug them in. The cables are tied down under the radio, where you can't see them. Digging them up reveals the standard connectors, unplug them and nothing goes to the Amp anymore, so it can be removed. I didn't even need to expose the amp - you can do the whole job right in the dash area thanks to those connectors being there.

Thanks for the replies

Netsirk wrote:

Reply to
Netsirk

Thanks for the info! As you can see, my 'guess' was wrong. Bet your 'gums' I'll file this one away for future reference!

Reply to
Hachiroku