96 AC Max Not Working (vacuum problem?)

I recently had my 96 V6 serviced. Of relevance, I had all the pads replaced and the brake lines bled to put new fluid in. Since then, i have noticed 2 problems with the vacuum. First, within a week (approx 250mi) in extremely hot weather, as I was driving, the brakes became "soft" and required lots of travel of the pedal before they would stop the car and consequentially, it took a longer distance to stop. I have not seen that happen in the last few weeks, but now, I find that the AC on MAX won't work, it only works on regular. I did look under the hood, but didn't see a problem with the hose from the intake to the brakes. I did not know where the rest of the vacuum was drawn from though, so I could not diagnose the AC part of the problem. Any suggestions?

Reply to
truce