Engine Oil

I had my engine oil changed and checked it about a week later and it was

2-3 inches over fill line. I took it back and had them drain the excess. I checked it again today and it is about 6-8 inches over and seem a little thin. Radiator is still full of fluid. Where and how can the engine oil be getting extra oil or fluids from?
Reply to
TonyNTip

Sounds like gasoline getting into the crankcase. But you gave the good people on this group too little to chew on: what vehicle is that? what engine? model year? mileage?

Reply to
Happy Traveler

It would sound as if you are getting exess fuel past you rings and in to your Oil. If you could describe you vehicle in depth we would be able to be a bit more specific in the help.

Reply to
Frankenstien

It is a 91 Ford Explorer, 4.0L with about 122,000 miles.

Reply to
TonyNTip