96 fan replacement

Hello everyone. My radiator fan is beginning to get some cracks around the hub, where the blades meet the center. I've been looking at replacements, and seem to come across 2 different options. One is a 10-blade that sells for only about $15, while the other is a 12-blade that sells for about $40. I don't mind paying the higher price, but can anyone tell me if the

12-blade fan would really be better? My main concern is to get mine replaced fairly soon, before it breaks. My Explorer is a 1996 XLT with the v6. Thanks for any advice.

Randy

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

randy pavatte

Don't know if you'd be interested in this or not, but a friend of mine just replaced the fan on his F350 with an electric model. Said it made a noticable improvement in performance. If you've got to replace it anyway?????

Just a thought,

Larry

Reply to
Larry C