98 explorer 4.0 SOHC key programming

I was hoping someone could set me straight on this. I bought my vehicle used and only received 1 key with it. I'm told you have to have 2 "masters" before you can program others. I've also heard that some 98s only need 1 master. Not sure how reliable that info is. Does anyone know what the cutoff was if it is true? Or if I try to program others using just 1 master will it screw anything up if it needs 2 masters? Thanks in advance, Bill

Reply to
Beeper

Beeper