All electric locks make a noise

My 2001 explorer has a power lock problem. when I use the remote or the door switch. All the door locks,even the tailgate go through the same type of noise. It sounds like the solenoid on all 4 doors and the tailgate engage about 8 times but never lock. The key works but the remote is useless and it's strange how it does the same thing on all 5 locks at the same time. Any Ideas out there!!!!

thanks, Ken

Reply to
vidboy

Does it have an aftermarket alarm system on it working off the remotes? One of those I've got insists on sending two "lock" pulses every time it locks the doors. So it's possible something similar is going on with yours if it's aftermarket.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Thanks for the response,

No there is no after market alarm. just the panic button and it still works. There must be some kind of module that is out of wack. Because all the locks are doing the exact same noise at the same time. The manual I have mentions nothing of any type of electrical module.

Help!!

Ken

Reply to
vidboy