98 Explorer Radiator -Help

I'm trying to remove the radiator on a 98 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8. I searched the forum and found a few articles from 2005 that touched on this subject, but there were a few details left out that i hoped someone could fill in for me. I've removed the hoses, transmission lines, fan shroud and now comes the hard part. The air conditioning condensor is attached to the radiator by two clips on the bottom and a slotted bracket on the top right. I have removed the bottom clips and the only thing remaining is the upper right slotted bracket. How in the heck can you separate the radiator from the ac condensor? Do i cut the bracket off? or is there some way to slide the condensor off the bracket? I have tried to slide the condensor off, but there just doesn't seem like enough room to maneuver. 2nd part of the question, there is a leak near the drain valve. I'm assuming there is a leak in a seam. Can it be repaired? Any help would be appreciated. Thx, Mark.

Reply to
perk3

After sleeping on it and making another stab at removing the radiator in the morning, I was able to do so. It was a matter of making sure the radiator clips below were completely free and then pushing the radiator to the far right and working the condensor off to the left (off the slotted bracket). I took the radiator in to the radiator shop today and they found a crack along the edge of the plastic housing. Price to fix is expected to be ~$100. Now that I have it out, it should slide in without too much trouble. Thx.

Reply to
perk3

" Now that I have it out, it

Want to bet? I did an R&R with my '96 radiator >> I'm trying to remove the radiator on a 98 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer

Reply to
To Arms!!

Well it's good to see that I'm not the only one with radiator problems.

It's a much easier job with an extra set of hands - one working from below (with goggles) and one from above.

Vito

Reply to
Vito