99 Explorer XLS whine when turning key off

Hey guys, something relatively new happening: when turning my key off(all accessories off), I will hear an occasional whine for a couple seconds. I think it is coming from the front, but when in the driver's seat, it is really hard to hear where it is coming from. And since it does not happen every time, it makes it even harder to pinpoint and diagnose. I read in a previous post, that someone said they had a fuel pump relay that was sticking open causing a whine, think this may be it? Any ideas as always is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Lance

If it sounds like a vacuum line releasing air, I think its normal. I hear it sometimes on my 99 XLT.

Reply to
SizzleMP

On our 91 F-250, this was the A/C equalizing pressures. Neither our 92 Sport Explorer nor our 99 Expedition makes the same noise, though.

Reply to
Bill Funk