Air flow through '03

Where does the air inside my '03 XLT exit the vehicle? There are small vent slots close to the subwoofer on the passenger side as well as a set of slots up inside the little storage pocket on the driver's side but I can't tell if these are where the air leaves the cabin. Trust me, I have a reason to ask something as weird as this....photos to follow. ;-)

dave

p.s. Jim, did you ever look at the link I sent you re: the mystery module at the passenger rear of the vehicle?

Reply to
Dave

Sorry, Dave.... I don't recall seeing the link you mention..... It could be sitting on the desktop at home or even accidentally tossed out with spam.... If you posted to the NG there's a good chance I missed it what with jumping around to too many computers. I did find the link to your pics of the cruise actuator...... all of the wires, save for one, go to the PCM..... the one that doesn't is powered in run and start. The black yellow does have a splice that runs to the ABS and the BOO switch, I would expect to see 12 volts on this with the brakes applied.

Repost your link and I'll look for it tonight when I get back to the hotel.

As for air exits from the cabin... IIRC, there may be grilles in the liftgate. There is a '04 at school that I'll try to get a look at. I have found that these things do seal a little on the tight side. One method we use for finding water/wind leaks is to turn the blower on high in fresh air position and spray the suspect area with either Windex, Snoop (a commercially available leak finder for natural gas/propane systems) or similar. I find that cracking the rear windows down slightly works well.... installing rainguards above the door windows really knocks the wind noise down.

HTH

Reply to
Jim Warman