Best Rated threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

99 ABS light on after driving in slush/salt, 2nd occurence
After the recent snow here in the NY area, I drove through a lot of slush/salt on the road. A short time later my ABS light came on. This is the 2nd time this has happened. Last year under similar...

High temp gauge drops when braking?
This one has me stumped. I got a 1992 Ford Explorer 4.0 4x4 and automatic. I replaced my intake manifold gasket (upper and lower) this weekend and when we got everything back together, the engine ran...
3
3

Transmission Nightmare - please help
All ~ I own a 2001 Super Duty with 186,000 miles and the truck is in excellent shape. The fluid is pink and has no metal indications, but I am experiencing shifting issues. The truck does not...
3
3

"Sluggish" 4.0 Explorer
4.0 V6 year 2000 Explorer (UK) In certain condidtions my Explorer suffers from 'sluggish' accelleration which can be quite alarming (and dangerous) when pulling out into traffic and nothing much...
5
5

Oil Pressure gauge...
Just noticed in wife's 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0 OHC. Her oil pressure gauge needle somehow jumped to below the resting stop pin. So when you turn it off the needle points straight down and when...

HELP! - 2002 Explorer Rear Brake Caliper Sticking
Just did a 4-wheel disc brake job on a 2002 Explorer XLS 4.0 2WD with ABS (not Sport or Sport Track). Replaced pads, resurfaced rotors, lubed all the right places, etc. Had no trouble compressing...

Drivers side door won't open/shut (cold, winter, ice) 2002 FE
I live up in Vermont and have had this problem since last year that is bugging me and I want to solve it. When I get up in the morning I cannot open the drivers side door (it feels like its frozen...
7
7

air conditioner seized
We've got a 92 explorer. The air conditioner motor has seized and the fan belt is just slipping over it. I assume this isn't too good for the belt, and also would make the generator turn more slowly?...
12
12

4R70W/AODE Delayed/Freewinding Shift Problem
Hi everybody: I've got a '96 Explorer AWD w/ 92,000 miles on it and it's not shifting properly on the 2-3 shift when under moderate to heavy load. It wants to stay in 2nd until 5,000 RPM or so and...
1
1

CD ROM MUTE on Mach sound system
I have just had the famous display problem fixed on my '99 Mountaineer's Mach audio system. The display works nicely now. My new problem, which arose a day or so later -- but which I have seen before...

Ford explorer in Europe
Hi , I'd like to know wich european country sells the Ford Explorer. Thanks in advance ART
4
4

98 Explorer Sport Intermittent Speedometer Problems
The speedo in my 4X2, 5-speed, 4.0 pushrod 98 Explorer Sport has started to work only about half the time. On a 1,000 mile round trip this weekend, it worked for less than 500 miles. On the way down,...

Overheating 99 Ford Explorer
Looking for some ideas. Recently my Ford Explorer started overheating. It's a 99 4.0L SOHC with 120,000 miles. Once it cooled down I checked the coolant and it looks a nice green although the overflow...
5
5

5R55E auto trans won't downshift to 1st gear on 2000 Explorer 2wd
Good Evening, I found an earlier post (2004) on this topic but no clear solution. Any ideas on why my auto trans won't downshift to 1st gear when manually placed into 1st gear? It will limit itself to...
3
3

Turns Over, No Start -- (EGR) Code 327 and 332 94 Explorer 2WD XLT
My 94 Ford Explorer 2WD XLT V6 won't start. The engine codes are: Code 327c - EGR valve position circuit below minimum voltage Code 332c - Insufficient EGR flow detected The engine turns over just...
10
10

Factory alarm location 1994 Ford Explorer?
Hi. I am trying to figure out where my just-dead factory car alarm is located in my 1994 Ford Explorer (2WD, 2Door). Both of my remotes have given up the ghost. I've changed the remote batteries, even...

CD Error for '02 CD-6 CD changer
I just sucessfully repaired the CD-6 in my '02 XLT (out of warranty). I had loaded 4 CDs into the unit, and it later refused to eject two of them, with the all too common "CD Error" message. The...

NO OVERDRIVE 1992 Explorer 4x4 A4LD :(
I am getting NO overdrive (ever) in my 1992 Ford Explorer (A4LD). In this year the only thing "computer" on the transmission, as I understand it, is the sig to the 3/4 overdrive selenoid. I noticed...

PICS: 2015 Ford Explorer
The new Explorer is getting a appearance package for 2015. From AB FORD EXPLORER UPDATED FOR 2015 WITH NEW COLORS, FEATURES AND A SPORTY NEW LOOK IDEAL FOR SUMMER ? Ford Explorer sales break the...

Rats!!!
My work life means that my '95 Explorer XLT (112K miles) is parked for 2 weeks in a 2nd/3rd floor office garage and then driven very sparingly and parked on the street for my 1 week at home. The truck...
5
5