Best Rated threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

90 Ford F150 key lost. How to remove, IGN. OFF ?
A friend has lost her ignition key for her 1990 Ford F150 (300cu. in. std. trans.). I have removed the steering wheel, turn signal switch unit and I have ordered a new ignition switch tumbler unit...
4
4

97 EB Automatic Ride Control suspension
Hello, I just purchased this 97 EB with ARC, and I suspect that the system is not working. When I put it in 4wd Low, I do hear the compressor kick in, but it doesn't appear to raise the height any. I...
10
10

Fuse 13 in engine compartment keeps blowing
1998 Explorer 4x4, V6 SOHC, 5 sp automatic I have an issue in my explorer where fuse 13 in the engine compartment box keeps blowing, pretty much immediately after you replace it and start the car....
6
6

1998 Ford Explorer engine noise
Just bought a 98' Explorer and had some questions regarding some noise I hear under the hood. The truck starts fine, idles fine everything works great. When I go to drive off after a minute or so from...
4
4

Ford DRL Module Part Number(s)?
Hello... Looking at the FAQ for information on the DRL for a 1992 Explorer, I found this (from Dave Schultheis): "In the last chapter of our story, I had ordered a DRL module from my local Ford...
11
11

Check Gage question
The Check Gage light on the instrument panel came on after I started my 01' XLS. It went off after I put the Explorer into reverse, backed out of the parking space then put it in drive. After I...
2
2

Knob on Idle Air Control Valve
I've been wondering also - twisting the know didn't seem to help (or hurt) things. I just replaced mine on my 96 Explorer and the replacement didn't have the knob. Jim
5
5

1997 Ford Explorer - heater core replacement procedure
As I understand it, the heater core replacement on a 1997 Ford Explorer involves removing most [if not all] of the dash board assembly. Currently, the heater core is leaking. Symptoms include a strong...
5
5

2003 4.6 4X4 Explorer "Jerks" on Acceleration
I always enjoy reading this newsgroup, and hope that I can get some help with the following problem: My 2003 4.6 4X4 with 10, 000 miles jerks when I accelerate hard from a standing start. I think that...
5
5

How hard is it to replace seatbelt?
I have a 1993 Explorer Sport and I need to take the old seatbelt and replace it. The stitching rotted out from where it attaches to the bracket in the floorboard. I found the bolt that holds the...
4
4

minor transmission fluid leak due to breather(is it possible?)
hi, i have a 2002 ford explorer xls auto v6 which i brought used at 52k miles and after driving it for 8k took it for transmission service,radiator flush,power steering flush and replaced fuel filter...
2
2

Mercon ATF same as Dexron III?
I was looking to change the fluid in my transfer case soon on my 99 XLT SOHC. The owners manual says use Mercon ATF. The local auto store here only sells Citgo Transguard ATF Dexron III/ Mercon. I am...
3
3

LOUD "BANG"noise from underneath! Help! 97' V8 AWD XLT Explorer
For the past few months I have had this noise, which has become worse, which sounds like a loud "bang" comming from underneath when I accelerate from stop at a normal speed. When I take off slow, it...
4
4

94 explorer transmission modulator question
I need to replace the modulator valve on my transmission for my 94 EB 4x4 Explorer. Can anyone share their experience with this. I have read the articles in the glue webpages which were kind of...
8
8

2005 Explorer Automatic Door Locks
I have a 2005 Explorer and have noticed a couple of bass-ackwards ways of dealing with the automatic door locks. This is the first car I've ever seen that does this: First of all when you unlock the...
2
2

2001 Explorer Sport front End Noise/Rattle
I just purchased a used 2001 Explorer with 44,000 miles. Theres a front end Noise/Rattle (Warm or Cold) quite loud. The dealership said its the timing chain and had many such complaints and would...
4
4

Explorer Speedo Calibration
After installing new 17" rims and tires on my 1996 Explorer. I have noticed that the speedometer now reads approx. 3 to 4mph higher than my actual speed. I purchased tires which I have tried to match...
2
2

ODBII Error - "P0743 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical"
I am getting an ODBII Error - "P0743 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical" on my 1998 Ford Explorer XLT AWD. The "O/D Off" light flashes in the dash as well as the Check Engine light. I have a...
2
2

Common A4LD Transmission Leak ('92 EB)
Is there a common place where these transmissons leak? I could not find any on Google... I have used two cans of engine cleaner and a paint brush with detergent and solvents to try to clean the trans...
3
3

OBX Racing Headers have arrived for BIG WHITE
OBX Racing Headers have arrived! Up until recently the only headers available for the 5.0 2nd Generation Ford Explorer were Torque Monster headers (allegedly currently made by Al's Headers in Anaheim,...