CD Error for in-dash cd changer

I bought a Ford In-Dash 6 DISC CD changer for my 2000 Explorer sport. Everything seemed to work fine except... the CD player says "slots full" . Well there are no CD's in the player and if you try and eject it shows "initializing" on the display then says "CD Error". Tried it a dozen different ways and just can't get it to clear itself.

I have pulled it out and disconnected the wires, but no difference.Anyway, if anyone has an idea how I can fix this I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
liwei.li

These are very delicate units and we do see concerns with them..... if this deck wasn't put into "shipping mode" before it was removed from the previous vehicle, chances are there is some internal damage (FWIW, when we send them off for repair, we have to put them in shipping mode AND install the shipping bracket or we will be charged back for the repairs....).

In all honesty, if I was going to "buy" a CD changer/player, it wouldn't be one of these....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Is it possible that there actually IS a CD in it - a homemade CD with a paper label? These changers are very sensitive to the paper label, and when they jam, the error messages you describe show up.

When you get to the "CD Error" part, open the little door by hand and peek inside, to see if you can see the edge of a CD. If you see one, slide a business card into the slot and across the TOP of the CD. It should allow the disc to slide out.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

Actually when I take the CD mechanism out, I saw one of the CD tray is out of place. Not it's working after I simply put it back. Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Reply to
liwei.li